We just back from a trip to Corpus Christi. We had a fun time getting together with Big Daddy's Mom and Grandma.
On the way back we made the kids listen to John Denver in honor of our car trips when we were both little.
I love John Denver...even attended his concert once.
Big Daddy thinks he wants to call me Mountain Momma now...told him he is welcome to when he builds me a mountain vacation home!


3 comments:
Hi Randa,
I like John Denver too! We were in Monterey when he died there. Weren't you guys in CA too?
I have been thinking a lot about your other post about the depression of 08. That was very thought provoking. Do you mind if I ask where you read it?
Glad you have had a fun weekend.
Kayla
Kayla,
I read the question on a news article I read. The answer was mine.
They were talking about keeping things in perspective, so I am hoping that is what I am doing for my kids!
I love John Denver! I grew up listening to it, too. My mom would always play the album while she was cleaning house. Consequently, I've got all the words to all the songs darn near memorized. My kids even like "Grandma's Feather Bed" and "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Oh, by the way, we brought your 'merchandise' that was left at the lakehouse today to church. Even though you weren't there, we were glad we had the little hoodie jacket, because we were freezing in all three meetings today! You missed a bang up testimony meeting.... ~Shannon
Post a Comment